Thursday, August 4, 2011

don't let your summer end without the sweetness of melon


This is one of my favourite fruit in the summer. It's so sweet and juicy, it's perfect for summer. Just make sure you wash the skin throughly before cutting it and eating it -- the skin can carry some harmful bacteria, particularly salmonella. If you can buy them organic that would also be ideal. I bought it today at the farmers market. I was also going to buy some watermelon but couldn't carry both of them at the same time...(smile), I supposed I get the watermelon next time.

Cantaloupe is a nutrient packed fruit, that is low in calories and its a great source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and potassium. Cantaloupe also provides antioxidants that can help prevent heart disease and cancer.

*I prefer to eat this or any types of melon alone, for proper digestion.


No comments: